Wednesday, July 30, 2014

'Simple' PS Summertime Tip...

by Susan


Happy Wednesday!

In keeping with our theme this month 'simplicity'… here is a simple and fun photoshop tip that I'd like to share with you.  C'mon… you've got a few minutes to spare… come try this out!

In the image above, you will see a parked cruiser bike, my niece in the background, and lots of blue sparkly water.  What you don't see is what the image looked like prior to a little photoshop… magic! 

With that said, let's take a look at the original image below:


Notice the difference?  The sun was directly overhead and well… kinda flat.  Not much light reflecting off of the water.  So I, and my handy assistant photoshop, helped out mother nature and tweaked it a bit.  Voila! Sparkly water! 

If you know photoshop, this is really a very simple adjustment to your image.  



If you are a newbie to photoshop, there are some great classes online.  Some of my fav's can be found at kimklassencafe.com and Lynda.com.  You can also find free video tutorials on you tube… free! So, go learn, have fun, and play around in photoshop!  And as always… we'd love to see your final image in our flickr pool and instagram! ~ xo's!







8 comments:

Dotti said...

First of all, Susan ... I LOVE that photo! I love bicycles; I love the beach ... perfect combination for me. And I love the idea of using another photo to perk up the original photo, kinda of like using a photo as a texture. I use textures all the time but I seldom think to combine two photos such as you have here. And it is quick and easy. Perfect!

Cathy said...

Great tip! I never think to do this.

terriporter said...

Oh, I can't wait to try this! I think of myself as pretty proficient in PS but I have never done this! Heading to the beach on Saturday and I will definitely be looking for some sparkling puddles to take a macro shot of and then use it as a layer on my beach shots. Such a fun photo with the bike in focus and your niece in the distance. Thanks for sharing this fun and "simple" tip!

CarolHart said...

Awesome tip and totally love that image! Now I need to go run out and take a picture of a puddle of water w/ my macro!

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Great tip thanks so much

Carol said...

As ususal, I'm late here, but I feel the same way everyone else does -i dont ever think to do that. Cant wait to try!! Thanks

Deanna said...

What a great tip and I love how it really enhanced the beach photo. Love it!!

Liz said...

This is gorgeous Susan!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life